Lou Guzzi is a Class A – Member of the PGA of America and serves as a member of their National PGA Instruction Committee.
Lou has been recognized as one of GOLF Magazines Top 100 Teachers in America. In 2003 and again in 2010, Lou was named the Philadelphia Section PGA “Teacher of the Year”, an award given by the PGA of America to a Professional who has performed outstanding service as a golf instructor in their section. Lou has also been added as a Golf Range Association of America’s “Top 50 Growth of the Game Teaching Professionals” along with Golf Digest’s “Best Teachers in your State”.
Over the past 33 years Lou has had the opportunity to meet, study and mentor some of the greatest golf instructors in the world. In the 80’s and 90’s Lou had a successful tournament career, competing in US Open qualifiers, US Amateur & Mid-Amateur qualifiers, PGA Section Tournaments, along with Club Championships. With his passion for playing and teaching, Lou has taken his knowledge and tournament experiences and put it into his own unique package, working with some of the best PGA Professionals in our Philadelphia Section, along with many Club Champions, area celebrities, beginners, juniors and seniors. Lou is an excellent communicator, specializing in one-on-one instruction, bringing a dynamic teaching style to every lesson.
Lou writes instructional articles for GOLF Magazine and many local Magazines. He has also made several appearances providing Golf Tips on GOLF.com, ABC, Channel 6 Action News and on CBS Channel 3 with Beasley Reese on the Sports Zone. He has appeared on Comcast CN8 Sports providing Golf Tips and working as a Broadcaster with legendary broadcaster Lou Tilley and CN8’s Kevin Walsh. Lou has also appeared in a commercial on The Golf Channel with Hall of Fame Teacher Bob Toski. Lou also provides Golf Tips for Golf Talk Live Radio Show and also on their website as their Official Director of Instruction.
Lou is a frequent speaker for the Philadelphia Section PGA, along with many other PGA Sections, providing information about the business of Golf Instruction to fellow PGA Professionals.
- GOLF Magazine Top 100 Teacher in America
- 2003 & 2010 Philadelphia Section “PGA Teacher of the Year”
- Member National PGA Instruction Committee
- Nominated National “PGA Teacher of the Year”
- Chairman of the Philadelphia PGA Teaching Committee
- Named by Golf Range Magazine as a “Top 50 Golf Instructor in America”
- Named by Golf Digest as one of the “Best Teachers in your State”
- Nominated Golf Magazine “Top 100 Teachers in America “
- Class A – Member of the PGA Of America
- Member PGA Presidents Council
- Director of Instruction – Talamore Country Club
- Director of Instruction – Golf Talk Live Radio Show #1 show in America
- Director of Instruction – Experienced Golf Center Teaching Academy
- 2002 – 2005 Head Golf Professional – Flourtown C.C. 1992 – 2001
- 4 Time Club Champion
- Low Round 64, Low Round for 9 holes 29 (-6)
Book a Lesson with Lou Gozzi